Friday, April 24, 2009

International Day

Hayden's kindergarten class was doing a unit on "My Country 'tis of Thee". Each student chose a country to learn about and do an oral presentation on. Hayden chose Portugal since his father and grandfather were both born in Portugal. Hayden did a great job! Hayden wrote his name and the country on the back of the flag.Here is the Portugal flag that Hayden made.Hayden and I made these yummy Portuguese donuts for his class.

Here is Hayden's presentation. You will want to hit pause on my playlist. Although, it is hard to hear Hayden's little voice. Here is what he said; "The country I'm studying is Portugal. This is its flag. And this is where it is it on the map. This is a CD of the National Anthems and we are going to hear the Portuguese National Anthem. I chose it because I am proud to have family from Portugal. I also brought Portuguese donuts for everyone."

1 comment:

Shan-Marie said...

Good job Hayden! I love the little video you added. He's so cute. The girls are going to be chasing him like crazy!